29 Dec “What can I do to make 2014 a good year for me?”
Your life is what you make it. As I often say it’s not what happens to you in life, it’s what you do about it that counts.
Don’t sit back and wallow in self-pity or wish you had more luck in life. If you have had a tough 2013 and need a boost in 2014 you will need to take action and follow 5 simple steps:
1. Decide to make it a better year for you. Making a conscious decision to improve your life makes it more real for you and puts you back in control
2. Write down some ideas you would like to achieve in 2014. They can be small like smiling more to bigger goals such as starting a new business. Writing these down gives you clarity and more commitment to following through.
3. Put your list somewhere you can see it. Focusing your mind on these positive outcomes on a daily basis will help you to move towards these goals.
4. Tell a trusted friend or colleague about your plans. This way they can help support you to get there. By voicing your plans you become more committed too.
5. Take one small step every day that takes you closer to one of your goals on the list. It may be just doing some research on the internet or setting up a meeting.
It will amaze you what you can achieve by focusing on what you want rather than what you don’t want. You CAN design your life the way you want it. It may take some time to get there but it will give you some sparkle and excitement back in your life. You will have some life changing experiences and learnings and also meet some wonderful people along the way.
So make your decision and let’s create a fantastic 2014 🙂