20 Nov Jennifer Aniston forgives Brad and Angelina
Forgiving somebody for causing you massive heart ache and pain is not an easy thing to do. However Jennifer Aniston appears to have done just that. She said she no longer holds a grudge against her ex and his new wife.
“People can do unforgivable things but you have to let it go”.
When your partner is unfaithful to you it really hurts. The pain, although emotional, can feel so real and exquisite that it can stop you from functioning. At the time many people feel they can never forgive as the betrayal and broken trust are too much to overcome.
However as Jennifer says
“To hold any kind of resentment is like taking rat poison and waiting for the rat to die”
Holding on to hating them or any kind of negative feelings will only eat away at you, not them. It will consume your life, not theirs. If you bear a grudge this it will always be in your mind and you will never be free to move on and find happiness again.
There is a process to go through where you grieve the ending of your relationship and come to terms with the fact that your partner cheated on you. This can and will take some time if you loved them deeply and it can be extremely difficult if your ex decides to stay with the person they betrayed you with.
However it is important to remember that you are not responsible for their actions. If they decide to move on they are not the partner you thought they were and deserve better. Your ideal partner will want to be with you and will treat you the way you want to be treated. The key is to let the resentment go and clear your emotional decks so that you can attract a loving partner into your life.
5 steps to clearing your emotional decks after betrayal:
– Write a list of all the things you were not happy about in your relationship. It’s all too easy to focus on what we loved and won’t have again, however this is time to take off the rose tinted glasses and get real, warts and all.
– Take some time out from your ex. You will need space from them to come to terms with what they have done.
– It’s ok to cry and let your emotions out as this is part of your healing process.
– Surround yourself with good people that care and support you. Schedule in some activities with them that make you smile as it’s important to focus on you for a while now.
– Ask for help if you need it from a professional as it shows strength and a willingness to move forward
Many of us experience heart break at least once in our lifetime. However in the words of Marilyn Munroe
“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together”.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. Forgiveness will mean that you move forward faster and you will be amazed at how liberating it is to finally let go.